NURS FPX 4030 Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care Example
NURS FPX 4030 Assessment 4: Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care
Assignment Brief: NURS FPX 4030 Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care Assignment
Course: NURS FPX 4030 Making Evidence-Based Decisions
Assignment Title: Assessment 4: Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care
Assignment Instructions Overview:
The NURS FPX 4030 Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care Assignment is designed to explore the practical application of remote collaboration and evidence-based care principles in healthcare, focusing on improving patient outcomes. This assignment will provide students with the opportunity to integrate knowledge from various sources, propose evidence-based care plans, and reflect on decision-making processes in a remote healthcare setting.
The Student’s Role:
As a nursing student undertaking NURS FPX 4030, your role in this assignment involves:
- Engaging in In-Depth Research: Conduct thorough research on remote collaboration in healthcare, evidence-based care practices, and the IOWA model. Utilize credible sources to gather information relevant to the development of care plans for specific patient scenarios.
- Creating Evidence-Based Care Plans: Based on the provided patient scenarios, propose evidence-based care plans that address the unique needs of the patients. Consider factors such as infection control, airway clearance techniques, proper nutrition, pediatric-focused care, and medication management.
- Reflecting on Decision-Making: Reflect on how evidence from research articles influences the decision-making process in crafting care plans. Discuss the integration of family involvement, collaboration with interdisciplinary teams, and the alignment of care plans with patient preferences and beliefs.
- Applying the IOWA Model: Apply the IOWA model as a framework for developing evidence-based care plans. Demonstrate a systematic approach to assessing clinical practice needs, selecting appropriate therapies, and evaluating the effectiveness of interventions.
- Creating a Unified Presentation: Compile your findings and care plans into a cohesive video presentation. Ensure clarity and simplicity in language, making the content accessible for a diverse audience, including healthcare professionals and stakeholders.
NURS FPX 4030 Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care Example
Introduction to Remote Collaboration in Healthcare
Hey, I’m [Your Name], and today, I’m and I’m excited to share an evidence-based plan to make things better for our Vila Health patients. The presentation will explore the world of remote collaboration, checking out how it impacts healthcare and how we can enhance our services. I’ll share the good and not-so-good sides of working together from different places and bring in some research findings to guide our evidence-based care. Plus, the presentation will tackle the challenges that pop up when healthcare teams go remote and discuss strategies to overcome them.
Understanding Remote Collaboration
First things first, let’s get a solid grasp on what remote collaboration is and why it’s a big deal in healthcare. It’s about exchanging info, setting goals, and using technology to make it all happen. It’s not just about doctors and nurses; it involves a whole mix of skills and needs a good chunk of time and resources (Wang et al., 2021). This approach breaks down geographical barriers, making healthcare more flexible and giving everyone equal access to resources.
Exploring the Benefits and Drawbacks
Now, let’s look at the bright and not-so-bright sides of remote teamwork. There’s a lot of potential here, but it comes with its challenges too. We’ll weigh the pros and cons to understand how we can make the most of remote collaboration in today’s healthcare environment.
Observations from Relevant Research
I’ll throw in some insights from research outcomes that are crucial in building our evidence-based care approach. These findings will be our guiding light as we work towards improving patient outcomes at Vila Health.
Illustrating with a Vila Health Scenario
To make things more real, let’s dive into a scenario from Vila Health Organization. Picture a diverse team of medical professionals working together from different locations to ensure patients get top-notch care. They’re using various telecommunication methods to manage and provide care. This scenario will help us understand how remote collaboration plays out in a practical setting.
Importance of Remote Collaboration in Healthcare
Before we move on, let’s highlight why remote collaboration is so crucial in healthcare. It’s not just a one-time thing; it’s a dynamic and repetitive process. Picture it as a series of stages—exchanging info, setting collaborative goals, and even manipulating physical elements, all while being interdisciplinary. This approach often requires significant resources and time, but the payoff is huge. It breaks down geographical boundaries, giving users the flexibility to embrace different lifestyles while ensuring equal access to resources (Wang et al., 2021).
Case Scenario: Caitlynn’s Healthcare Journey
Let’s walk through a scenario involving a two-year-old girl named Caitlynn who faced breathing difficulties, leading her to the emergency room. Virginia, a certified nurse, and Dr. Copeland, a physician, took charge of her care. The physician’s examination revealed respiratory issues, like Rhonchi and unusual breathing sounds on the right side, happening around 32 breaths per minute. There were also concerns about malabsorption of nutrients.
Looking into Caitlynn’s medical history, she had meconium ileus at birth and had been admitted previously for similar issues. To confirm a cystic fibrosis diagnosis, a laboratory sweat chloride test was conducted. To aid her breathing, a respiratory therapist provided aerosol nebulizers and chest physical therapy.
Now, the medical team faced some challenges. Caitlynn’s home was quite far from the hospital, her parents were separated, and there was a need to educate her family on managing cystic fibrosis.
To address the emotional and logistical challenges, the hospital healthcare staff reached out to a local social worker in the family’s area. Additionally, they consulted with Dr. Benjamin, Caitlynn’s pediatrician, to coordinate her care. To make things more accessible, they decided to use remote cooperation. This involved discussions about telemedicine access, vaccinations, and the treatment plan.
To ensure Caitlynn’s parents understood the treatments, the respiratory therapist conducted Skype consultations. They connected via Skype to guide Caitlynn’s parents on her physical chest therapy, stressing the importance of monitoring for any signs of respiratory trouble, given the chronic nature of cystic fibrosis.
In this unique case, the healthcare team utilized remote collaboration and technology to overcome distance barriers, involve the family, and provide comprehensive care for Caitlynn.
Evidence-Based Care Plan for Improved Vila Health Patient Outcomes
This scenario provides a clear roadmap for healthcare specialists to enhance patient outcomes at Vila Health by utilizing evidence-based practices, telemedicine, and optimizing healthcare delivery. Drawing insights from various evidence-based research articles, I propose an evidence-based care plan tailored for Caitlynn, addressing her cystic fibrosis and striving for optimal healthcare results. The key components of this care plan are as follows:
- Infection Control: To effectively treat cystic fibrosis (CF), controlling infections is paramount. Caitlynn’s risk of respiratory infections can be minimized through proper hand cleanliness and ensuring she receives all recommended vaccinations and screenings (Barben et al., 2021).
- Airway Clearance Technique and Oxygenation: Education on the airway clearance technique and continuous monitoring of Caitlynn’s oxygen levels are essential. Terlizzi et al. (2021) emphasize the importance of maintaining a clear airway without secretions in CF patients, requiring techniques such as suctioning and providing adequate oxygen support.
- Proper Nutrition: Collaboration with a nutritionist will result in a tailored meal plan for Caitlynn. This nutrition strategy aims to address challenges related to CF-related malabsorption, ensuring she receives the necessary nutrients for growth and development (Bailey et al., 2022)
- Pediatric-Focused Care Team: Caitlynn will benefit from a local dedicated pediatric-focused care team. This team, consisting of a pediatric pulmonologist, respiratory therapist, dietitian, and social worker experienced in treating cystic fibrosis in children, will work collaboratively to develop individualized care plans based on Caitlynn’s unique needs and preferences.
- Medication Management: Regular monitoring of Caitlynn’s medication schedule is vital. The pediatric-focused care team will ensure she takes prescribed drugs as directed, assess their efficacy, and make necessary modifications as per the guidance of Pinto et al. (2019).
Given Caitlynn’s young age, active family involvement is crucial for successful long-term self-management. This care plan integrates various strategies, focusing on infection control, respiratory care, proper nutrition, and the support of a dedicated pediatric-focused team to comprehensively address Caitlynn’s cystic fibrosis. Through evidence-based practices, the aim is to achieve the desired healthcare outcomes and enhance the overall well-being of Vila Health patients.
Integration of Evidence-Based Practice Model: Iowa Model
In this discussion, I’ll explore the evidence-based care model known as the Iowa model, which played a vital role in shaping the care plan for Caitlynn with cystic fibrosis. The Iowa model is a proven guide for nurses in the process of evidence-based practice (EBP). It involves integrating professional knowledge, experiences, and preferences, assessing clinical needs, selecting evidence-based therapies, and continuous evaluation (Chiwaula et al., 2021).
To develop an effective care plan, I initiated the process with a thorough assessment using the Iowa model. This involved analyzing existing research, identifying needs for cystic fibrosis control, and addressing specific challenges. I carefully selected evidence-based therapies tailored to control cystic fibrosis based on the assessment.
Continuous assessment of the effectiveness of my efforts in controlling cystic fibrosis was crucial. I ensured that Caitlynn’s parents’ beliefs, preferences, and treatment goals were incorporated into decision-making, aligning the care plan with their values. Collaboration was central to my approach. Working closely with a multidisciplinary cystic fibrosis care team, composed of experts from different fields, ensured the integration of clinical expertise and real-world experiences into our strategies. We set measurable outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of our cystic fibrosis control strategies, making adjustments as needed based on the patient’s status and adherence (Pinto et al., 2019).
The collaborative spirit among healthcare professionals from various disciplines was fostered due to the complexity of the condition. This approach ensured a comprehensive and coordinated strategy in managing cystic fibrosis. By integrating these tactics within the Iowa Model framework, I significantly improved Caitlynn’s outcomes and enhanced the effectiveness of our cystic fibrosis control efforts.
In addition to telehealth, evidence-based interventions play a vital role in improving outcomes for patients with cystic fibrosis. Examples include airway clearance methods such as positive expiratory pressure and chest physiotherapy, which help reduce lung congestion and prevent infections (Elkins et al., 2020).
Reflection on Evidence in Decision-Making for Caitlynn’s Care Plan
Caitlynn’s care plan was significantly influenced by evidence-based best practices obtained from various sources. These resources were carefully selected to ensure the information aligns with the specific needs and challenges faced by young patients like Caitlynn. A study by Terlizzi et al. (2021) played a crucial role in guiding the selection of therapies and forming a personalized care plan tailored to Caitlyn’s unique requirements. The study highlighted the effectiveness of airway clearance strategies in improving respiratory function for cystic fibrosis patients, reducing the frequency of exacerbations.
Additionally, insights from Bailey et al. (2022) provided essential information regarding the dietary care of cystic fibrosis patients. The study revealed that a diet rich in fats and proteins can positively impact body weight, lung function, and nutritional status. These findings were integrated into the care plan to ensure Caitlyn’s dietary needs are met, contributing to the comprehensive treatment of her condition. Barben et al. (2021) contributed valuable information about the risk of respiratory infections, emphasizing the importance of complete vaccinations and blood screening in reducing cystic fibrosis complications.
Moreover, the study by Pinto et al. (2019) shed light on the risks associated with cystic fibrosis and underscored the significance of crafting personalized care plans by analyzing a child’s medical condition. Pediatric experts, through this approach, prioritize the child’s well-being and comfort by considering their unique needs and preferences.
The choice of Bailey et al. (2022) as a key research source was based on its relevance to the topic and credible authority. The application of the CRAAP criteria, which stands for Currency, Relevance, Authority, Accuracy, and Purpose (Lowe et al., 2021), ensured the value and reliability of the sources used in creating the care plan. These criteria helped in identifying credible and relevant research sources that formed the foundation of Caitlynn’s care plan for cystic fibrosis.
Enhancing Interdisciplinary Collaboration in Remote Healthcare
For effective healthcare planning, it’s essential to embrace streamlined processes like interprofessional collaborations. Bringing interdisciplinary collaboration into remote care settings can yield multiple benefits, including improved patient safety, enhanced health literacy, increased organizational efficiency, and a more comprehensive approach to patient care. However, remote healthcare teams with professionals from different disciplines may encounter specific challenges. A notable hurdle is the lack of clear leadership and defined individual roles, which can lead to confusion and inefficiency. To tackle this, it’s crucial to establish clear roles and responsibilities for each professional involved in the collaboration (McLaney et al., 2022).
Other challenges in interprofessional collaboration include insufficient information exchange, communication inconsistencies, and coordination issues (Svensson, 2019). These challenges can impede a team’s smooth operation, especially in a virtual or remote healthcare setting. Addressing these issues is vital for enhancing collaboration and overall team performance.
Proper training can effectively address these challenges, fostering better communication and collaboration among healthcare professionals to ensure patient safety. Recent studies have shown positive outcomes when healthcare professionals undergo training or attend seminars led by experienced colleagues. Such initiatives improve communication practices and mitigate the challenges mentioned earlier (Schmidt et al., 2021).
To advance interprofessional collaborations in healthcare organizations, future planning should involve regularly scheduled professional training sessions. Investing in infrastructure and facilities to support the use of technology in remote work is crucial. Establishing an online platform for collaborative work, virtual meetings, and online data monitoring can significantly contribute to effective remote healthcare. Training sessions on utilizing these IT tools will further enhance their integration into healthcare facilities.
In wrapping up my video presentation, the focus has been on creating an evidence-based care plan to significantly improve healthcare outcomes for Vila Health patients, exemplified by Caitlynn. In instances where geographical distance intersects with intricate medical conditions, remote collaboration, facilitated by telemedicine and interdisciplinary teamwork, becomes a key strategy. This approach ensures timely and personalized care, aiding patients like Caitlynn in managing their diseases effectively. The care plan developed for Caitlynn, who is dealing with cystic fibrosis, is not just a random strategy but one rooted in extensive research and evidence. It incorporates the latest studies and recommendations available.
While remote collaboration brings numerous advantages, it’s important to acknowledge the challenges it presents. These challenges necessitate coordinated efforts from the interdisciplinary team to maintain a patient-centered approach and enhance the overall quality of life for the patient.
Bailey, S., et al. (2022). Dietary Care for Cystic Fibrosis Patients: Improving Body Weight, Lung Function, and Nutritional Status. Nutrition in Clinical Practice, 37(5), 654–669.
Barben, J., et al. (2021). Vaccinations and Screening in Cystic Fibrosis: Reducing the Risk of Respiratory Infections. Pediatric Pulmonology, 39(4), 278–285.
Chiwaula, L., et al. (2021). The IOWA Model: A Comprehensive Approach to Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing. Nursing Science Quarterly, 34(3), 201–215.
Davis, M., et al. (2022). Telemedicine in Healthcare: A Comprehensive Review of Evidence-Based Practices. Journal of Telehealth and Telecare, 30(1), 112–128.
Elkins, M. R., et al. (2020). Positive Expiratory Pressure and Chest Physiotherapy: Interventions for Improved Lung Function in Cystic Fibrosis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 7(1), CD003147.
Lowe, J., et al. (2021). CRAAP Criteria for Evaluating Sources: Ensuring Credibility and Relevance in Evidence-Based Practice. Journal of Information Literacy, 15(3), 45–58.
McLaney, E., et al. (2022). Challenges in Interprofessional Collaboration: Addressing Leadership and Role Definitions. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 14(2), 89–103.
Pinto, C., et al. (2019). Personalized Care Plans for Cystic Fibrosis in Children: Integrating Patient Needs and Preferences. Pediatric Nursing, 31(1), 23–38.
Schmidt, K., et al. (2021). Training Programs for Healthcare Professionals: Improving Communication Practices in Interprofessional Collaboration. Medical Education Online, 26(1), 1911075.
Smith, A., & Johnson, L. (2023). Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care: Strategies for Enhancing Patient Outcomes. Journal of Nursing Research, 45(2), 67–82.
Svensson, A. (2019). Enhancing Communication and Coordination in Interprofessional Collaboration. Journal of Healthcare Communication, 28(4), 211–225.
Terlizzi, V., et al. (2021). Airway Clearance Techniques in Cystic Fibrosis: Enhancing Respiratory Function. Respiratory Care, 42(2), 91–104.
Wang, R., et al. (2021). Remote Collaboration in Healthcare: Strategies and Implications. Journal of Healthcare Management, 25(3), 45–58.
Detailed Assessment Instructions for the NURS FPX 4030 Remote Collaboration and Evidence-Based Care Example
As a presenter, in which you will propose an evidence-based plan to improve the outcomes for the Vila Health patient and examine how remote collaboration provided benefits or challenges to designing and delivering the care.
Before beginning this assessment, make sure you have worked through the following media:
- Vila Health: Remote Collaboration on Evidence-Based Care .
For this assessment, you are a presenter!
Propose your evidence-based care plan that you believe will improve the safety and outcomes of the patient in the Vila Health Remote Collaboration on Evidence-Based Care media scenario. Add your thoughts on what more could be done for the client and what more information may have been needed.
- Discuss the ways in which an EBP model and relevant evidence helped you to develop and make decisions about the plan you proposed
- Wrap up your video by identifying the benefits of the remote collaboration in the scenario, as well as discuss strategies you found in the literature or best practices that could help mitigate or overcome one or more of the collaboration challenges you observed in the scenario.
Be sure you mention any articles, authors, and other relevant sources of evidence that helped inform your video. Discuss why these sources of evidence are credible and relevant. Important: You are required to submit an APA-formatted reference list of the sources you cited specifically in your proposition paper or used to inform your presentation.
Make sure that your paper addresses the following grading criteria:
- Propose your own evidence-based care plan to improve the safety and outcomes for a patient based on the Vila Health Remote Collaboration on Evidence-Care media scenario.
- Explain the ways in which you used an EBP model to help develop your plan of care for the client.
- Reflect on which evidence you found in your search that was most relevant and useful when making decisions regarding your care plan.
- Identify benefits and strategies to mitigate the challenges of interdisciplinary collaboration to plan care within the context of a remote team.
- Communicate in a professional manner that is easily audible and uses proper grammar, including a reference list formatted in current APA style.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- References: Cite at least three professional or scholarly sources of evidence to support the assertions you make in your video. Include additional properly cited references as necessary to support your statements.
- APA reference page: Submit a correctly formatted APA reference page that shows all the sources you used to create and deliver your paper. Be sure to format the reference page according to current APA style. Submit a narrative of all of your content.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Analyze the relevance and potential effectiveness of evidence when making a decision.
. Reflect on which evidence you collected that was most relevant and useful when making decisions regarding the care plan.
- Competency 3: Apply an evidence-based practice model to address a practice issue.
. Explain the ways in which you used the specific evidence-based practice model to help develop the care plan identifying what interventions would be necessary. This requires a particular evidence-based model, such as the Johns Hopkins, Iowa, Stetler, or other.
- Competency 4: Plan care based on the best available evidence.
. Propose your evidence-based care plan to improve the safety and outcomes for the Vila Health patient with a discussion of new content for the care plan.
- Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead practice changes based on evidence.
. Identify benefits and propose strategies to mitigate the challenges of interdisciplinary collaboration to plan care within the context of a remote team.
. Communicate via video with clear sound and light, and include a narrative of video content.
. Provide a full reference list that is relevant and evidence-based (published within five years), exhibiting nearly flawless adherence to APA format.
Give Your Grades a Boost with Our Expert Nursing Paper Writing Services!
Are you overwhelmed by challenging nursing topics? Look no further! At ReliablePapers.com, we’re proud to be your go-to nursing writing service. Our team of skilled nursing essay writers is dedicated to delivering customized and original nursing papers that ensure top-notch grades.
Writing Nursing Assignments Made Easy:
Whether you’re dealing with complex topics, tight deadlines, or specific instructions, we’ve got your back. From crafting a custom nursing research paper to assisting with your nursing assignments, our professionals are here to lend a helping hand.
How We Can Assist You:
Our pro nursing writers create outstanding nursing essay papers from scratch, addressing any topic, meeting any deadline, and following your specific instructions. At ReliablePapers.com, we understand the importance of your academic success.
Why Choose Us?
- Affordable Prices: Our online nursing papers are priced affordably, ensuring accessibility for all college students.
- Expert Writers: Let our skilled writers make your paper perfect, providing the expertise needed for exceptional results.
- Originality Guaranteed: Say goodbye to plagiarized papers. Our nursing experts craft original and customized nursing essays for your academic success.
- Easy Ordering Process: Ready to place your order? It’s hassle-free! Visit our “Place Order” page, provide paper details, proceed to checkout, and your order will be assigned to a suitable expert.
Why Trust Our Professionals?
Professionals at ReliablePapers.com are updated with the latest nursing trends, ensuring your nursing research paper stands out. Our skilled writers offer the best nursing writing services, meeting your desires and ensuring timely submissions.
As a nursing student, balancing assignments and class participation can be overwhelming. Seeking help enables you to submit research on time and ensures exceptional performance in your nursing research papers and assignments. Trust ReliablePapers.com for your academic success! Our online nursing essays are unmatched both in quality and affordability.
Save Time, Secure Grades:
Ready to save time and secure the grades you deserve? Visit our “Place Order” page, fill in your paper details, proceed to checkout, and trust us to make your nursing papers perfect. Don’t wait until the last minute; fill in your requirements and let our experts deliver your work ASAP.
Hire an Expert Paper Writer on Any Subject, Any Topic, Any Deadline! Submit your paper instructions by placing your order here to get started!