Generating and Analyzing Qualitative Data
Now, after working with quantitative analysis in the previous Unit, switch and imagine that you have decided to use qualitative methods to gather data. Be sure to use the readings as guides and resources to think this through. It is important that you cite at least two of the readings in your post.
• Identify methods for gathering qualitative data
• Match options for analyzing qualitative data with methods for gathering data
• Describe how qualitative data can support social work and social justice practice
• Describe the challenges in using qualitative data in social work research
Qualitative Data and Social Work Research
Provide answers to the following QUESTIONS
• Your research interest/question? ( There is the research question i used:
My area of interest is child abuse particularly child abuse. I am interested in finding out whether sexual child abuse is on the decline in Canada owing to interventions that have been put in place. Consequently, my research question would be: is sexual child abuse in Canada reducing because of interventions put in place to fight the vice? The type(s) of qualitative methods you would use to gather data)
• Given those methods , what types of data analysis you would use?.
• Identify what if any are short comings of using these type(s) of data gathering and analysis
• Identify what you need to learn to be able to properly analyze and present the data from your research using these methods and analysis.
TAKE NOTE : Cite at least two readings for your part A WORK. (some reading and website to look at are listed below.
In a paragraph write what you need to learn about qualitative methodology and what you think are one or two major contributions qualitative data methods can provide for research in social work.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!