ACC220-LON2 MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING
– It is an individual assignment; hence students are expected to show only their own work
in homework assignment.
– Any materials based on different source (i.e textbook, academic articles, newspapers
etc) should be clearly referenced.
– All questions should be answered in full. If you miss any question, it can significantly
impact your overall mark.
For questions requiring only discussion (Q1 – Q2):
– Students are expected to clearly explain their answers and provide a reasonable
discussion and examples where relevant.
– Maximum length: up to 300 words for each 5 mark section.
For questions with emphasis on calculations (Q3 – Q5):
– Students are expected to clearly explain their answers and cover each part of the
requirement in detail.
– All calculations and full workings should be clearly presented.
– Any assumptions made should be clearly written to support your workings.
1A: Research evidence tends to indicate that “activity-based costing” is not very
popular in the UK.
Provide arguments for and against the usage of this method in allocating
overhead costs in a business.
1B: Explain what principles underpin the ‘total life-cycle costing’ approach and
provide example(s) to support the discussion.
1B: Explain what principles underpin the ‘target costing’ approach and provide
example(s) to support the discussion.
(Total marks 15)
2A: Two of the identified uses of budgeting are
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!