211MKT: Buyer Behaviour
211MKT: Buyer Behaviour
Faculty of Business and Law
Module No: 211MKT Module Title: Buyer Behaviour 2016
Coursework [Contributes 50% to total module mark]
The coursework comprises of a 2250-word individual essay on the below topic:
A penalty of 10% of the mark is applied if the word limit is exceeded more than 10% or is below the limit by more than 10%
Using theories of consumer behaviour discuss and analyse the concept of the Extended Self (Belk 1988), and its effect on consumers’ purchasing behaviour. Critically analyse real world adverts to discuss whether these adverts applied the concepts effectively.
Submission 18 March 2016: Please submit online by 23.55
This assignment must be submitted online by 23.55 on the above deadline.
Sources that you can find information from:
- Main sources academic databases: Business Source Complete, Emerald, Sage and Science Direct
- Secondary sources – practitioner databases: Marketing Week, Brand republic, TED, Economist, Bloomberg BusinessWeek and Financial Times, Ad Week.
- Late submissions are NOT ALLOWED based on the university’s new policy, and will be awarded with a mark of zero percent.
- Extensions will be in accordance with University and Faculty policy.
Students MUST keep copies (electronic file if done on computer) of their assignment.
Word Length 2250 words
Learning Outcomes Assessed
Students must be able to:
- Understand the psychological underpinnings of consumer behaviour.
- Evaluate social, demographic and cultural influences on consumer behaviour.
- Develop an understanding of current issues in consumer behaviour, such as internet consumption and ethical consumer behaviour.
- Produce a critical analysis of a contemporary issue in consumer behaviour.
To pass this coursework you will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to access and research appropriate academic literature.
- The ability to APPLY theories of consumer behaviour or more simply, to apply to the essay:
- what was discussed in class AND
- what was read in the appropriate academic literature
- Skills of analysis, compilation and structure.
- Essays should be more than descriptive collations of library material and should illustrate relevant aspects of theory and practice, and demonstrate thoughtful and critical analysis of issues.
- Marks will be therefore be awarded for evidence of
- good research skills and the effective use of appropriate literature throughout the essay
- analytical rigour (good analytical skills)
- a critical perspective throughout the essay
- demonstration of understanding of all relevant concepts
- good application of theory to practice
- use of appropriate examples throughout the essay
- practical insight.
Note: The report must be fully referenced using Coventry University Harvard style.
Return of Marked Work: Marked work will be returned via Turnitin. You can expect to have marked work returned to you 2 weeks after the submission date.
Assignments should not be copied in part or in whole from any other source, except for any marked up quotations, that clearly distinguish what has been quoted from your own work. All references used must be given, and the specific page number used should also be given for any direct quotations, which should be in inverted commas. Students found copying from the internet or other sources will get zero marks and may be excluded from the university.
- Structure 10%: Content is organised and appropriate; coherent; flow of information, arguments, and concepts
- Knowledge and Understanding 30%: Identifies, explains, draws on appropriate theories, models, literature to demonstrate depth and breadth of reading to address the question
- Application 30% Application of theory or practical examples given appropriate to context
- Analysis and Recommendations 20%: Evaluation and critical analysis of the topic, synthesis of ideas/concepts, appropriate conclusions, justified recommendations
- Presentation 10%: Spelling, punctuation, grammar, layout, accurate CU Harvard Referencing style, writing style academic/professional
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!